closing date: not specified posted date: Wed , 10 Jan 2018 location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
- An exciting opportunity for a recent Mechnical - Engineering graduate to join our Sales team in South Africa.
The successful candidate will be expected to establish and maintain close working relationships with customers and other functional stakeholders to promote the best interests of the company
- Respect Flowserve Code of Conduct
- Take ownership about any new projects or opportunities
- Prepare on-time, high quality proposals based on specifications, market level pricing, factory costs, and sales strategy
- Understand customer requirements & participation in proposal reviews or contract negotiations
- Presentations to customers
- Develops broader knowledge through performing structured functional assignments, such as collecting and analysing data related to specific tasks.
- Able to learn and adequately demonstrate all of the basic skills needed for advancement
- College or university diploma/degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. Some related co-op/internship experience would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of manufacturing environment and engineering principles as it relates to new model, safety, quality, and delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills, high-impact communication skills, project management skills, and Microsoft Office
- Ability to present to varying audiences, conduct in-depth technical analysis, lead and prioritize multiple projects, work in a team environment as well independently
- Mechanical design experience
- Be able to read and interpret drawings
- Strong computer skills (Familiar with MS Office)
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment
How To Apply
TO APPLY FOR INTERSHIP OR JUNIOUR ENGINEER CLICK HERE
Sappi: P1 and P2
Rio Tinto: Apprenticeship
City Of Cape Town: Apprenticeship
Pioneer Foods: Apprenticeship
CITI GROUP: Learnerships
First Rand: Learnerships
Coca Cola: Learnerships
Sappi: P1 and P2