The position oilers a market related salary The Office of the Pension Funds Adjudicator (OPFA) is seeking to appoint a candidate who is results-driven. passionate about service delivery. thrives under pressure. respects deadlines and is a team player with high levels of professionalism
• Take initiative in personal development
• Team player
• Analytical skills
• Drafting skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment
• Quality control of draft determinations submitted to the Adjudicator and Deputy Adjudicator for approval.
• Ensure that all complaints are administered according to the approved workflow process of the organisation.
• Manage a team of professionals including planning and monitoring activities. providing guidance, allocation of tasks, and maintaining a record of statistics for the team.
• Identify, report. and mitigate risks to the organisation and review risk mitigating actions within the area of responsibility.
• Adhere to all deadlines and turnaround times
▪ Substantial input into the strategic planning of the organisation
• Active participation in the organisation's management committee.
• Adherence to organisational values.
• Ad hoc projects a. tasks.
• Preparation of monthly. quarterly and annual reports when required
• A LOU Degree i.e BCom Law, BA Law or LLB (Bachelor of Laws)
• 3 year, experience In the retirement funds industry - administration. management or regulation
• Knowledge and understanding of the appropriate legislative and regulatory frameworks
• Ability to assess facts, interpret legislation and draft legal documents
• Knowledge and understanding of the Pension Funds Act and the role of the Pension Funds Adjudicator
• Experience in the financial services sector will be an added advantage
• Computer Literacy (MS Word, Excel. Ms Outlook)
Interested candidates should apply in writing by submitting their CV and cover letter to [email protected] People with disability are encouraged to apply. Closing date for applications, 21 May 2022.
The OPFA reserves the right not to make an appointment. if you do not receive any response within 2 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. Regret correspondence will only be send to interviewed candidates.