Tsebo Catering Manager
We are currently looking for a Catering Manager to be responsible for monitoring the quality of the food, service and making sure that the unit perform well.
As a leading African Integrated Workplace Management Solutions Provider, Tsebo Solutions Group offers clients reduced costs, risk and complexities together with increased quality, efficiency and productivity. We specialise in Catering, Facilities Management, Cleaning and Hygiene, Pest Control, Protection, Energy, Procurement, Workspace Design, Engineering, Remote Camps, and more. Developing our people – the heart of Tsebo – is the foundation of our purpose. The result is a knowledgeable workforce that is in touch with every nuance of our clients’ needs. DOWNLOAD OUR ONE-PAGER to find out more about who we are in a nutshell.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Take full responsibility and management of the unit
• Need to be able to work in a demanding environment.
• Setting and management of service delivery standards
• Lead, motivate, train and develop a team of staff
• Implement and maintain operational controls in line within budgetary requirements
• Ensure quality of food preparation, presentation and service is up to Fedics standards by meeting all quality star grading standards in all areas of responsibility as per grading checklist
• Ensure all Fedics policies and procedures are complied with
• Daily HR and IR issues (including training, development & amp; performance management)
• Analyse and pre-empt client needs and possible complaints
• Take responsibility for all functions by organising, preparing & co-ordinating.
• Management of all administration, finances, debtors, budgets, etc.
• Process Fedics paperwork and compile & understand weekly & monthly P & L
• Relationship building with the client and customers on a daily basis (essential)
• Must be able to work long hours and over weekends should there be a need
• Stay abreast of latest food trends and best practices
Skills and Competencies
• Strong judgement and problem solving skills
• Excellent people skills
• Strong interpersonal and communicative skills (verbal and written)
• Flexibility with regards to working hours
• Attention to detail
• Client service orientated
• Business management principles
• Fully computer literate
• Excellent food skills
• Matric /Grade 12
• Relevant Degree/Diploma or Certificate
• Minimum of 3 years experience is advantageous