Tsebo Solutions Business Development Manager
The Solutions Business Development Manager will play a key role in driving growth for Tsebo. This position will be responsible for developing and executing robust business development strategies, leading the bid process to secure commercially sound contracts, and fostering relationships with clients and partners.
As a leading African Integrated Workplace Management Solutions Provider, Tsebo Solutions Group offers clients reduced costs, risk and complexities together with increased quality, efficiency and productivity. We specialise in Catering, Facilities Management, Cleaning and Hygiene, Pest Control, Protection, Energy, Procurement, Workspace Design, Engineering, Remote Camps, and more. Developing our people – the heart of Tsebo – is the foundation of our purpose. The result is a knowledgeable workforce that is in touch with every nuance of our clients’ needs. DOWNLOAD OUR ONE-PAGER to find out more about who we are in a nutshell.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute robust business development strategies
- Leverage industry expertise to articulate and present innovative solutions
- Lead the bid process to support comprehensive and competitive proposals
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless service delivery
- Support the solutions design of innovative solutions with the Business Development Managers
- Define Serve specifications on client needs and develop SLAs with Operations
- Measure the success rate of proposals by tracking the number of contracts won against bids submitted
- Analyse client feedback to enhance quality and relevance of proposals
- Regularly analyse the competitive landscape to stay informed about industry trends, competitor activities and emerging opportunities
- Assess the level of collaboration and communication within cross-functional teams to ensure seamless pre-sales process
- Implement continuous improvement strategies to streamline bid writing efforts
- Track commercial performance of the pre-sales process by monitoring revenue generated from new contracts and the return on investment for business development activities
- Adhere to Safety, health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) management system policies and procedures as applicable to this position and solutions proposed
- Support on any reasonable actions as requested by management
Skills and Competencies
- Computer Literate (MS Office - strong Excel & Word).
- Excellent communication skills
- English business writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Commercial and financial acumen.
- Negotiating skills
- Aptitude for fostering positive relationships
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Collaboration skills
- Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) practices
- Good knowledge of facilities management market, sales and marketing.
- Adapting and responding to Change
- Ability to Manage professionally
- Working with complexity
- Working with People
- Persuading and Influencing
- Learning and Researching
- Delivering Results and meeting customer expectations
- Coping with pressures and setbacks
• Relevant qualification in Sales and Business Development Management • Minimum 8-10 years sales/acquisition/business development experience • Proven history of Sales target achievement • Strong understanding of business challenges and customer management with a track record of identifying and closing opportunities • B2B experience mainly within soft services in Contract Cleaning Management. • Experience in the service • Experience in completing the tender process • Experience in project managing large contracts / tenders.