RCL: QC Lab Intern
A vacancy exist for a QC Laboratory Technician Intern at Milling in Pretoria West. The position will report to the QC Laboratory Supervisor .
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION The successful incumbent will be responsible for the executing daily analysis and other tasks within the scope of the QC laboratory.
Collection of samples and analysis of packaging material.
Minimum Requirements • Matric with mathematics
• Valid driver’s license
• Btech Food technology or equivalent degree
• Computer literacy courses
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS • Product knowledge in regards to technical detail
• Detailed knowledge of the instruments and SOP’s
• Raw Material technical knowledge
• Basic laboratory management
• Computer literate skills
• Administrative skills
• Planning skills
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES • To accurately and timeously analyse all products produced according to laboratory SOP’s.
• To accurately and timeously analyse selected raw materials delivered.
• Carry out analysis of daily control samples and ensuring they remain within acceptable experimental error.
• Record, interpret and disseminate all results and information accurately and timeously.
• Collect samples from the various production units according to schedule or when required.
• Adhere to daily route planning and stand in where required.
• Implement and enforce all safety procedures within the scope of the laboratory.
• Identify unsafe conditions and recommend remedial action if required.