Unitrans: Operational Supervisor
An opportunity has become available for a high caliber Contract Supervisor within our operations. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties and responsibilities below for further information about this position.
•Tertiary Qualification in Transport / Logistics Management
• Code EB divers license, EC driver’s license advantageous
• 5 years minimum experience in a supervisory position in the Transport Industry
• Contactable reference for last 2 employers
• Computer literate and Advanced skill in MS Office
• Fluent in English & any other African Language
• Problem Solving abilities
• Must be organized and accurate
• Driven towards achieving KPI targets and upholding high safety standards.
• Able to work independently and without supervision
• Good Communication skills
• Able to communicate with, supervise and motivate employees to achieve targets
• Willing to work Shifts, Public Holidays and Weekend if required.
• Knowledge of the Explosives Act.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Routing and scheduling of delivery vehicles
• Briefing/debriefing of Operational staff
• Ensuring fleet is maintained & in the required condition to operate/function optimally
• Liaising with mechanical workshop, the client, suppliers, CIE, regional management and head office on a daily basis
• Ensuring optimal utilization of fleet & staff to meet operational targets
• Ensuring operations administration is processed accurately and timeously
• Supervising day to day activities
• Supervise driver hours (Wages)
• Monitor fuel consumptions
• Capture operational data