Tsebo: Site Manager Security
Thorburn Security Solutions is looking for a highly motivated candidate to fill the role of Site Manager who will be responsible for the effective management of all aspects of physical security of the building and grounds and the protection of the company assets against loss or damage. Also, provide a professional interface with the public, ensuring that the necessary protections are in place for the customers. You will overall be responsible for security staff and the direct line management. As the leading integrated facilities solutions provider in Africa and the Middle East, operating in over 28 countries, with over 40 000 employees, the Tsebo Solutions Group enables businesses to optimise their efficiency and productivity, and become more successful. We take responsibility of our customers’ non-core activities outside of their expertise, empowering them to focus on their core business. Our local expertise, global standards and innovative cross-divisional solutions, such as catering, cleaning, facility management and security, give us the edge to optimise our customers non-core operations, allowing them to enjoy reduced cost, risk and complexity.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure that resources are appropriately and efficiently allocated to key areas of work and that priorities are always covered adequately allocated
• To manage and provide effective leadership to the Security team
• Ensure all physical security to all on site customers is delivered accordance the security agreement policy
• Ensure that the budgets are properly controlled and managed, to achieve best value for money.
• Ensure that all training needs are identified and processed promptly and are undertaken at the appropriate time
• Ensure performance agreements, interim and main reviews are undertaken within the set timescale
• Ensure that all requests for annual and flexi leave are managed and controlled, ensuring that there is adequate cover to maintain services always.
• Ensure that performance and attendance issues are addressed.
• Ensure that the Security Operations Manuals is for use by all on site security personnel to cover duties, individual instructions for each post, attendance, use of the security equipment, dress standard, training etc.
• Undertaking security surveys, security risk assessments, drafting relevant policies and procedures and compiling security reports.
• Assist the Accounts department in drawing up the annual security departmental budge and participate in the financial services monthly/quarterly review on the budget performance.
• Effectively manage and control the security budget and provide accurate information the Regional Manager when required
• Prepare business cases in support of large expenditure when required
• Act as focal point for any investigations involving security; to prepare reports and note follow up actions
• Report any significant security breaches to the Regional Manager and Managing Director; undertake full investigation; and recommendation in consultation
• Participate in the role of incident manager during any incidents and emergencies.
• Ensure that all recovery/contingency plans and procedures held within the security control rooms are always kept up to date
• Be on call on a 24 hours x7 days basis for any emergencies
• Undertake the security lead role in the Major Incident Team
• Ensure that the appropriate level of training is provided for all security staff on disasters; fire and bomb procedures; use of technical equipment and routine security duties. Ensure that the knowledge is tested several times per year
• Maintain the security team training plans up to date for all security staff and to test their knowledge of procedures regularly.
Skills and Competencies
• IR knowledge and exposure
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Security Management
• Knowledge of HR
• Security professional with a proven management experience within the security industry and the public sector
• Enthusiastic and committed approach with a track record of building strong, trusted base relationships with colleagues and management on all levels.
• Strong management and leadership skills together with excellent communication, influencing, negotiating and engagement skills.
• Basic knowledge on MS Office packages and knowledge of electronic security systems
• Sound judgement and decision-making skills, with a “hands on” problem approach, able to remain calm under pressure and take control of incidents
• Experience in writing procedures, drafting reports, preparing cases and compiling and adjusting duty rosters to meet shortfalls in staffing levels
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
• Relevant bachelor’s degree or higher certificate in security management or Equivalent qualification
• PSIRA Grade A renewed certificate.
• Firearm competency certificate will be an advantage