Tsebo: Porter position
As a Porter you will be involved in the transportation of patients and supplies within the Hospital and any other duties appropriate to the position, which may be assigned from time to time. As the leading integrated facilities solutions provider in Africa and the Middle East, operating in over 28 countries, with over 40 000 employees, the Tsebo Solutions Group enables businesses to optimize their efficiency and productivity, and become more successful. We take responsibility of our customers’ non-core activities outside of their expertise, empowering them to focus on their core business. Our local expertise, global standards and innovative cross-divisional solutions, such as catering, cleaning, facility management and security, give us the edge to optimize our customers non-core operations, allowing them to enjoy reduced cost, risk and complexity. Tsebo Cleaning Solutions a division of Tsebo Solutions Group is now the third largest cleaning provider in South Africa with over 150 contracts across the country and a staff compliment of over 12,000 cleaning professionals. We provide hospital-level cleaning services, no matter the environment – a heritage that translates into a service ethos and cleaning standards of the very highest quality.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Deal with customer/staff/patient queries in a courteous, effective and efficient manner.
• Collect & dispose of hospital refuse, clinical waste & laundry in line with Hospital policy.
• Collection\Transportation of X-rays, reports, medical records, specimen’s etc. as required.
• Collection/transportation of supplies/equipment within the Hospital.
• Assembly/dismantling of supplies/equipment within the Hospital as specified.
• Assist in the lifting, mobilising, and transportation of patients as per Hospital policy and health and safety guidelines.
• Assist with the preparation of deceased patients and transfer to the mortuary.
• Changing and movement of oxygen and other gas cylinders.
• Carry out cleaning duties in designated areas as required in accordance with infection control and health and safety guidelines.
• Telephone, Reception, & Switchboard duties as required.
• Prepare Laboratory orders & highlight low stock items to office staff.
• Maintain stock levels as required.
• Be familiar with and comply with Health & Safety policies, procedures and standards.
• Adhere to the prescribed dress code and to wear any personal protective equipment provided including protective clothing and protective footwear.
• Use any safety equipment provided.
• Take all the necessary steps to ensure the maximum security and safety of the working area and all equipment and supplies contained therein.
• Co-operate with induction training programmes for new employees.
• Comply with all Hospital policies and procedures.
Skills and Competencies
• Ability to work quickly and calmly in emergencies.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and empathise.
• Patience and tolerance.
• Caring and sympathetic nature.
• Physical fitness.
• Ability to respect patient confidentiality.
• Emotional resilience.
• Flexible approach to work.
• Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes.
• Ability to follow instructions and work to tight time constraints.
• Reliability and dependability.
• Good computer skills (Must be computer literate).
• Minimum Matric/Grade 12.
• Computer literacy certificate advantageous.
• Intermediate experience and knowledge working on a computer and computer packages.
• 1 – 2 years’ experience as a Porter within a hospital/experience in a nursing or care home environment is highly advantageous.
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in health and safety standards.