Tsebo: Cleaning Supervisor
The purpose of the Cleaning Supervisor is to supervise and oversee the daily workings of the organisation operations. Responsible to maintain a high-quality standard of organisations deliverables in line with hospital specific SLA’s and provide effective leadership for all staff. As the leading integrated facilities solutions provider in Africa and the Middle East, operating in over 28 countries, with over 40 000 employees, the Tsebo Solutions Group enables businesses to optimize their efficiency and productivity, and become more successful. We take responsibility of our customers’ non-core activities outside of their expertise, empowering them to focus on their core business. Our local expertise, global standards and innovative cross-divisional solutions, such as catering, cleaning, facility management and security, give us the edge to optimize our customers non-core operations, allowing them to enjoy reduced cost, risk and complexity. Tsebo Cleaning Solutions a division of Tsebo Solutions Group is now the third largest cleaning provider in South Africa with over 150 contracts across the country and a staff compliment of over 12,000 cleaning professionals. We provide hospital-level cleaning services, no matter the environment – a heritage that translates into a service ethos and cleaning standards of the very highest quality.
Duties & Responsibilities
Operations and Service Delivery
• Ensure work schedules/job cards are in place for each position and relevant to site.
• Ensure consistently high service standards are maintained for all services in scope with regular inspections.
• Ensure that staff are correctly and smartly dressed displaying a name badge.
• Highlight to sites the importance of upholding the company image at all times.
• Ensure that cleaning methodology are strictly adhered to in line with company policies, quality programmes and legislation.
• Managing company assets by performing monthly spot checks on high value items.
• When checking assets ensure that equipment is kept in a good condition and repaired and serviced when required.
• Do daily checks and follow-ups.
• Report maintenance and safety concerns to the manager on a day to day bases.
• Maintain personal health, hygiene and professional appearance. Communication
• Responding to management request timeously and providing necessary action required.
• Responsible to regularly keep line management informed of pertinent issues relating to the unit Health and Safety.
• Ensure that all OHS Act (Occupational Health and Safety) requirements are adhered to for site specific requirements in line with company policies, quality programmes and legislation. General
• To maintain a high standard of morale and motivation through good communication skills.
• May be required to assist with any other duties that may be outside scope of responsibility.
Skills and Competencies
• Understand cleaning principles and knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• Strong people skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Able to work independently and under pressure.
• Able to work long hours, after hours and some weekends.
• Minimum Matric/Grade 12.
• Minimum 2 years supervisory experience in a hospital environment.
• Must have experience in health and safety standards and management.